question

herbrush avatar image
herbrush asked isidoreony commented

Failing Trying to connect Android Studio to Devkit Devices. Anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Trying to get the ADB to work. Using Window 8.1

1) changed the adb_usb.ini file (android studio 1.4.1) In directory c:\users\<user name="">.android - Added 0x28F3 #clover mobile or mini

2) adb kill-server

3) Restart debugging in Android Studio - adb will restart.

Result: Nothing. Going to have to do the force driver installation - with driver signature disabled.

Install USB.

1) Download USB driver. 2) install the driver 3) Do Windows 8.1 – Install unsigned drivers steps. 1) Charms 2) Control panel pick change pc settings 3) Pick update and recovery 4) Pick Recovery 5) Pick Advance startup - "restart now" 6) disable driver enforcment - pick trouble shoot 7) Trouble shoot - pick Advanced options. 8) Advance Options - pick startup settings 9) Startup Settings - pick restart. 10) Startup Settings - select one through ten options to boot - I picked number 7 - unsigned drivers ok. Reboot. Plug Mobile back in Restart Android Studio.

Failure. Android Studio still cannot see the devkit device.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered isidoreony commented

You likely still need to manually associate/override the currently selected driver for the devkit. Find the devkit in Device Manager, right-click and select Properties for it, and then click on Update Driver.

Screenshots pulled from the internet since I don't have Windows machine handy atm. On the last pic, disable Show Compatible Hardware and then select the Samsung or Google drivers. Please note, you can easily screw up your PC if you associate wrong drivers to system components, so please make sure you have the devkit selected (easy check: disconnect and see what hardware component disappears from the Device Manager list).

This is also known as a windows driver override if you need to search for more info.

Browse drivers

List drivers

Find the driver

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jackylee avatar image jackylee commented ·

Any recommended drivers for a Windows 7 64 bit machine? The Samsung mobile SDK does not seem to have one that is compatible.

0 Likes 0 ·
isidoreony avatar image isidoreony commented ·

I have Windows 7 64 bit. Now I am stuck. Can't get out of this issue now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community