question

anayooleru avatar image
anayooleru asked parquet76 commented

Clover Webhook receives all requests

It’s not necessarily a problem that Clover sends all requests to our webhook, but in our app, we only process requests from users who are registered in our system. For all others (which are many), once we confirm they are not registered, we stop processing and delete them. The issue is that we're paying our webhook hosting service for inbound requests that don’t benefit us. Is there a way to filter requests before they reach our webhook?

This might be something you could address with Clover, but I’d also appreciate any other suggestions you think could help. Thank you!

REST APIclover developer communityWebhooks
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image parquet76 commented ·

Clover will only send webhooks for merchants that have your app installed. I am not certain what you mean by "user" or how you expect Clover to know what "users" are registered in your system. Your request doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
anayooleru avatar image anayooleru parquet76 commented ·

Users, I meant people who make a purchase with the merchant who has the app installed.

So a merchant installs our app.

Users who registered with us, when they make a purchase any time with that merchant, our webhook receives the purchase info, and we can get and register their purchases.

But the problem is that Clover sends to our webhook all purchases from merchants (from merchants who have our app installed). Those purchases include people who are not registered with us.

My question is if there is any possibility or feature of any sort of filtering before it gets sent to our webhook.

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 anayooleru commented ·

No, there is not a mechanism in Clover to conditionally send webhooks messages.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community