question

ivan-garcia avatar image
ivan-garcia asked ivan-garcia commented

Payment on Receipt vs Payment in Order Detail

Hello,

We have developed an app for our Clover customers to make orders from a mobile device.

Everything is working fine except the receipt.

For example: you choose an item of $5, then you add 7% tax ($0.35), and 15% tip (0.80), the total payment is $6.15. When I access the order detail in the web I can check that everything is fine in the payment record: - Payment Amount: $6.15 - Tax Amount: $0.35 - Tip Amount: $0.80

But you can check the receipt here: https://www.clover.com/r/TJ1F9G8M3XV4P. The total is OK, but the Payment (Baykus Payment is the name we gave in the setup) is not Ok, is showing the total amount $6.15 plus tip ($0.8).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

I don't think the problem is just with the receipt. It looks like your payment amount is being computed incorrectly. Perhaps you can post the json for your payment? It seems you must be adding the tip twice? Nothing prevents a payment with a greater or lesser amount from being associated with an order.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ivan-garcia avatar image
ivan-garcia answered ivan-garcia commented

Hello Jacob,

Thanks for the answer. This is an example of the URL and the JSON to post the payment:

?https://api.clover.com:443/v3/merchants/{MID}/orders/{OrderID}/payments?access_token={ApiKEY}

JSON: { "amount" : "61.52" , "tender" : { "id" : "{TenderID}" }, "total" : "61.52", "tipAmount" : "8.02", "taxAmount" : "3.5" }

1 comment
10 |2000

ivan-garcia avatar image ivan-garcia commented ·

Hello Jacob, I've reviewing other orders in our Clover merchant live environment but in the web all of them have the same structure in the detail view of the payment but the ones made by the API have the same structure but once I click on the receipt they add twice the tip to the payment at the end of the receipt.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community