question

liju avatar image
liju asked Alan commented

Order type shows up in Register app even though it is flagged as hidden

I am creating 2 order types of Delivery & Pickup when my app is installed by merchant. While creating it i am setting the hidden=true according to the clover documentation so that it hides in register app. Even i can see the hidden check box checked on Clover - Order Types screen. Inspite of this this order types show up in Register app. 1) What should i do so that they don't show up on Register?

2) Since the above is not happening, when the merchant is creating a new order on Register app, it just picks-up the first order type available there by default even if it is not selected when creating this order. Is this a bug or default behavior in Register app? How can a merchant place an order without any order type attached.

Please help!

Thanks.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Alan commented

1) This is a known problem and is slated to be fixed at some point. There's no workaround for now, sorry.

2) Yes, that's the expected behavior. I suppose the merchant could create an order type "no order type" as their first order type which would then be chosen as the default if nothing is selected.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liju avatar image liju commented ·

Jeff, thanks a lot for confirming the issue and for the response. Hope you guys are able to resolve it soon. Will try implementing your suggestion for a default order type.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

@jeff @Liju This problem still seems to be open? Is there a better workaround?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

@jeff @Liju Even when creating a default order type, the non-default order type appears in the register app as an option. It's confusing to me, I could see how it could confuse the merchant's if two new order types suddenly appear after downloading our app. Is this bug not important enough to be fixed after a year or am I looking at this wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community