question

lentplonge avatar image
lentplonge asked notmy1realname answered

Webhook Not Triggering After Hosted Checkout

I am not seeing the webhook execute after a checkout at the Hosted Checkout API has been made. This is for a new account, it didn’t work on the account after setup, so I’m currently operating in the ‘sandbox’ to troubleshoot the issue further. Followed the instructions here: Use webhooks (clover.com) I’ve setup a test server @ postman to monitor incoming webhooks posts. I entered that URL in the hosted checkout webhook URL field and saved When I go to my hosted checkout URL and checkout, the receipt is sent to me, but the webhook URL sees no action at all. It really seems as though the webhook command isn’t executing. When I manually attempt to communicate with the mock server webhook url from another system, or from withing the postman interface, the mock server registers the incoming request and responds appropriately. I’ve created my Ecommerce API Tokens for Hosted Checkout, but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

(EDIT) Further digging leads me to need something clarified: I am using Hosted Checkout, so I've got my payment URL (Web Checkout | Clover)

Some portions of the instructions refer to "integration" and reference the token; my system isn't "integrated" to the hosted checkout, it's just a URL that sends payment to me. There is no token or authentication that happens; based on the documentation it appears the webhook should fire off after a payment is made via the hosted checkout, but that isn't happening. As per the instructions, I've created a token named "Clover eComm Hosted Checkout" with Integration Type "HOSTED_CHECKOUT. (Is this for communication between the payment gateway & the hosted checkout, or other?)

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? (EDIT) Answer: yes. Thanks to wildly inconsistent usage of terminology, combined with utter ignorance on behalf of every single person I've spoken to @ Clover, it was unclear that "Web Checkout" is a distinct thing from "Hosted Checkout". (Would have been nice if just one support rep could have figured that out considering I explained what I was doing ad nauseum.)

Guessing this is the wrong forum @ this point, but is there any way to get a notification (webhook or otherwise) when a payment has been submitted via the Web Checkout?

e-commerce api
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Did you go through some of the troubleshooting steps here: https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks#troubleshoot-webhook-notifications

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
notmy1realname avatar image
notmy1realname answered

I am experiencing the same issue.

I set up several webhooks and never got the payload. Couldn't even work on verifying the signature without that initial payload.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community