question

tier1marketing avatar image
tier1marketing asked alexanderlopez answered

Private App Approval

Given that I am creating a private app, and the documentation clearly states that a private app must be approved before it certificated - https://docs.clover.com/docs/private-apps

" Finish creating your app, and then submit it for approval.

Distribute your private app

After your app is approved, distribute it by sharing the app’s link with merchants.

To create and share the app link: https://www.clover.com/oauth/authorize?client_id={APPID}

But,  I'm getting conflicting feedback, some people are telling me that I don't need to get it approved in order to get it added to a live merchant account, and others are telling me it must be approved, I need to know what is the real answer here.

1. My app is only for one merchant, one client, and it is not going to be in the App Store
  2. I have it working as needed in a sandbox.
  3. We use web hooks
  4. We are using the e-commerce and rest APIs
  5. I have access to my clients account, they are an admin in the merchant account, but they are not the owner.

I'm looking for definitive answers On what I need to do next in order to get my app connected to a live merchant account.

Is there a service that I can pay to get this reviewed faster?

app approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered parquet76 edited

If you are using webhooks you must have an app and all apps must be approved, private or not. What webhooks are you using, why, are they absolutely essential? If I were you I would see if webhooks can be avoided.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tier1marketing avatar image
tier1marketing answered

We have an ecommerce store that sells off the same inventory as our onsite sales. During storm disasters, we rent and sell work tools needed by electrical restoration crews. We sell onsite through a mobile warehouse called the "Storm Trailer" and we sell online through our ecommerce app https://tools.tempeststormrentals.com/ , now in Apple store, and both pull from the same inventory and we ALSO use Clover as the only payment gateway option online payments.

We need 2-way sync on Inventory to maintain a single inventory. Sales from the ecommerce app and sales from onsite purchases must be updated frequently to not oversell.

Webhooks used:

• Customers: When customers are created or updated
  • Inventory: When inventory items are created, updated, or deleted
  • Merchants: When merchant properties are changed
  • Orders: When orders are created, updated, deleted
  • Payments: When payments are created, updated, or deleted
10 |2000

alexanderlopez avatar image
alexanderlopez answered

This developer account has been approved. We can proceed with our formal app review process.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community