question

apycroft avatar image
apycroft asked apycroft answered

402 Payment Required

Using the iframe and charge. On a live account. I can charge a correct card but whenever I put the wrong CVV or expiry or address I get the same 402 error. I see lots of community tickets getting the same thing but no answer or explanation. Why do I not get a proper decline message with details of what is wrong?

This is when I try and read the charge response. And this is not part of a nice JSON error this is a server 402 error, like getting a 404 error, as far as I can tell. As if I am trying to view a page of a paywalled sites I haven't paid to see.

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
apycroft avatar image
apycroft answered

For anyone finding this later: We resolved this issue by moving to an asynchronous POST instead. I don't know why this gave us a better response but it did. We now get the JSON error with the 402 AND a decline message.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community