question

edcamp613 avatar image
edcamp613 asked bryanvargas answered

Breaking down items to create new unique items inventory issue

Common problems I see with restaurants selling wine, alcohol or other items that are sold by the bottle or glass/shots

Lets take a simple bottle of wine that is sold by the complete bottle or glass.

Lets say I have 12 bottles of Merlot 750ml, I sell this by the bottle and the glass. Every glass holds 5 oz of wine and we get 5 glasses per bottle.

Inventory common sense tells me I am not going to open a bottle and pour 5 glass of wine and put them into inventory and adjust Clovers inventory to show 5 glasses available and now 11 bottles.

Example inventory should be programed to show;

Bottles 12 (my original on hand count)

Glasses 60 (my original bottle count 12x5=60)

If I sell one glass of wine, system should automatically adjust inventory to;

Bottles 11

Glasses 59

I have several cigar shops that we have an issue selling Wine, Alcohol (by the ,5oz) and cigars as they are sold by the box and single.

I call this "Parent-Child" linked inventory

Developers, go ahead and make millions from my idea, just fix the problem :)

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

Are you a Clover merchant? This forum is for developers that build apps on our platform to get development assistance. If you are a Clover merchant you should contact Clover support for assistance.

Also I recommend looking through our app market to see if there is an existing app

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community