question

linkitsoft avatar image
linkitsoft asked linkitsoft commented

Auto Disconnect Issue

Hi I have integrated clover flex 3 using andaroid java SDK in my android self service kiosk application but whenever my application is on idle state the connectivity between the terminal and my kiosk application breaks however it asks for manager passcode on my clover terminal whenever I am trying to connect it again using the auth token. Is there any way I can prevent the connection from breaking if my terminal and the self service kiosk application is in idle state or is there any way we can prevent the terminal from asking the manager code because if it asks for manager code on the terminal my connection is made again. But if I don't enter the manager passcode on the terminal the connectivity between the kiosk and terminal is destroyed.

Note : I am trying to use as an unattended payment terminal

Clover Android SDKClover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deonterau avatar image
deonterau answered deonterau edited

There are three ways to try to fix or prevent the disconnection: suika game

• Use the device diagnostics tools on your terminal to check the network speed, connection status, and network queue.
  • Make sure your terminal is connected to a wireless access point that supports WPA2-PSK encryption and does not use TKIP or AES.
  • Update the firmware of your terminal and your kiosk application to the latest version.

Try all three ways, surely one of them will solve your problem.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sarim avatar image
sarim answered

You can either keep the app open or regularly send requests to the terminal to maintain connectivity between your Clover Flex terminal and Android kiosk while they are idle. When idle is detected, automatically reconnect. Input is captured and sent programmatically to handle manager passcode prompts. Examine SDK documentation for detailed instructions at https://webzeto.com and conduct a comprehensive reliability test in unattended payment scenarios.

10 |2000

linkitsoft avatar image
linkitsoft answered

Thanks for the help. Now the issue which I am facing is that whenever I am sending reconnect command using the auth token which I received while pairing for the first time. Clover flex terminal is asking for manager passcode.

10 |2000

berum2 avatar image
berum2 answered linkitsoft commented

I have re-read the principle of maintaining persistent connection between terminal and application combined with your answer my problem is solved. Thanks for the suggestion battleship game

1 comment
10 |2000

linkitsoft avatar image linkitsoft commented ·
Can you please explain me how you did it because sometimes if my clover terminal is on idle state it ask for manager passcode.

I am integrating with kiosk so manager passcode screens does not allow users to perform transaction.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community