question

hfb avatar image
hfb asked bryanvargas commented

Change order state on clover.com portal

Hi!

We have discovered a few orders with state = null that, as expected, are not showing in the list when pulling data from https://api.clover.com/v3/merchants/{mId}/orders endpoint.

However, I wonder if it's possible to update the state on the front-end in clover.com portal?
Or is API call is the only option?

I'm not aware how those orders were created and why their state is null but for sure they were NOT created through the API.

Thanks

OrdersREST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered hfb published

The merchant can update the order state by accessing the order and saving, adding items, or adding a payment. You can also do an update order API and update it or make a payments. Please make sure the orders are syncing.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hfb avatar image hfb commented ·

Thanks for the answer!

> The merchant can update the order state by accessing the order and saving, adding items, or adding a payment.
I checked one of the orders with null state in Clover front-end - and it appears to have subitems and payment. So basically there is nothing to edit in terms of subitems or payment.

In that case, what could be changed to trigger state update from null to open or locked (I'm not sure what's the expected state in that case, I guess locked)?
1704382412496.png

0 Likes 0 ·
hfb avatar image
hfb answered bryanvargas commented

Thanks for the answer!

> The merchant can update the order state by accessing the order and saving, adding items, or adding a payment.
I checked one of the orders with null state in Clover front-end - and it appears to have subitems and payment. So basically there is nothing to edit in terms of subitems or payment.

In that case, what could be changed to trigger state update from null to open or locked (I'm not sure what's the expected state in that case, I guess locked)?
1704382412496.png

1704382412496.png (54.8 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Can you email developer-relations@devrel.clover.com with your developer information and the merchant ID in question for them to look further at the logs. normally if orders are not syncing properly, the state will be null. When you create the order you should be passing the state as "open"

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community