question

jasonbanks avatar image
jasonbanks asked bryanvargas commented

Issue with MERCHANT_R

I have added the permission MERCHANT (READ), which has been approved and published. Also made the addition to Sandbox. I am still receiving a 403 Unauthorized when making the call though. Does anyone have experience getting this working with an EXISTING application, and what steps were required to be taken?

Thank you!

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

You have to get new accessToken from your merchant for permission to apply:

https://docs.clover.com/docs/permissions#before-you-begin

• If you change app permissions after a merchant downloads your app, for the new permissions to take effect, the merchant must uninstall and reinstall the app. This is applicable for test merchants also.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jasonbanks avatar image
jasonbanks answered

Wow. So if you have a base of clients, and you want to add new features that rely on granting of new permissions, you need to have everyone reinstall? Has that ever been looked at to figure a way around that? This is quite a roadblock for expanding functionality for an app.

10 |2000

jasonbanks avatar image
jasonbanks answered bryanvargas commented

With uninstall, this still is not working. How does this work with side-loaded apps, or launched via Android Studio debugging?

3 comments
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Regardless if this is a sideloaded android app, the app needs to be installed from the merchant dashboard for the permissions to sync. Please read over this sideload workaround if you are sideloading:

https://docs.clover.com/docs/sideloading-an-apk#sideload-workaround

0 Likes 0 ·
jasonbanks avatar image jasonbanks bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Following the information from the link, I cannot find a Clover Help app on my device. There is a help button on the info screen (left-most), but selecting it does not do anything. I tried the refresh button in Diagnostics menu as well. None of this resolved the issue still getting a 403 for MERCHANT_R. App has been removed and reinstalled a number of times.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ jasonbanks commented ·
Did you uninstall the app from the merchant dashboard and reinstall it from the merchant dashboard?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community