question

Paweł avatar image
Paweł asked mikebrooking answered

Error 500 on /device/display - Could not verify authentication token with COS server

I'm trying to connect to a Flex 3 terminal running on Emulator in Android Studio,

connected to the sandbox account.

I can download information about the list of devices but I cannot send e.g. a message to the device using the API: "https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/connect/v1/device/display"

{
                   "beep"true, "text""Message to display to the customer"}

I get error 500 as below.

I haven't found any information on what it means. How should I interpret this message? How to solve the problem?

{
    "message": "Could not verify authentication token with COS server.",
    "requestId": "655ec610-141712",
    "requestType": "DISPLAY_MESSAGE",
    "type": "ERROR"
}

Clover FlexCloud Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikebrooking avatar image
mikebrooking answered Paweł commented

This indicates that the oauth token provided is not valid, can you share your merchant name on sandbox and I can look into it further.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paweł avatar image Paweł commented ·

I managed to overcome this problem, but now when I try to use the API for payment, a window with a loader pops up and nothing happens.

After a long time, I get the following response:

{"message":"Request cancelled","requestId":"1f72ec6a-142735","requestType":"PAY"}

My merchant ID: 36E4BMSN2B121

https://streamable.com/bs2kln

0 Likes 0 ·
mikebrooking avatar image
mikebrooking answered

You can't use an emulator to test payments, would require a real Clover devkit to test secure payments.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community