question

Paweł avatar image
Paweł asked bryanvargas commented

Can I connect a regular Flex 3 device to a sandbox account?

Can I connect a regular Flex 3 device to a sandbox account?

If so, how to do it?

Can I test accepting payments without DevKit?

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered bryanvargas edited

No, you have to get a Flex 3 devkit. If you need to do device payments, you will need a devkit. Emulators have limited functionality. If you are going the Ecommerce API route, then you do not need a device as these will be online payments.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paweł avatar image
Paweł answered bryanvargas commented

Thank you for your answer, I want to integrate REST Pay Display https://docs.clover.com/docs/rest-pay-intro in the application.

1. I understand that I must use a production account for this purpose (i don't have DevKit)?

2. Will I still be able to process payments in test mode without debiting funds from the card? Or is this not possible on a production account?

3. Is it better to equip yourself with a DevKit to test the payment solution?

1 comment
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
1. You a prod account to publish your app, all testing and should be done in Sandbox and our devkits are only provisioned for Sandbox environment. If the device is a devkit the transactions will not actually process.

2. Also all test merchants are configured to a blackhole processor which doesn't process the payments. It will go through the flow of successful payments but nothing really processes/settles.

3.If you are planing on developing an device app, it is recommended to get a devKit to test your implementation and confirm. This will be critical for app approval when you are showing your app functionality.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community