question

essg avatar image
essg asked bryanvargas commented

PHP Order Processing Integration - Not customer facing

We have built and use a custom PHP Backend, Browser based, order processing application where we enter and process customer orders. It's not public facing and is only accessible internally by order processing staff.

What would be the best (easiest) method for integrating customer credit card payments into this system?

I have been looking in to the Ecommerce API using the iFrame integration. Would this work to allow our employees to authorize an order on a customer's credit card... and then later for our shipping system to then charge the customer once the product ships?

Thanks!

semi-integrationse-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image
bryanvargas answered

You can use the Ecommerce API to preauth the charge (set capture to false) and once the customer gets the item you can capture the charge with the Ecommerce capture endpoint.

Please be aware of card brand authorizations

https://docs.clover.com/docs/create-a-charge

https://docs.clover.com/docs/capture-a-charge-tutorial

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

essg avatar image
essg answered bryanvargas commented

What about the "hosted checkout".... would it be possible to use it for my scenario?

Thanks!

5 comments
10 |2000

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
Hosted checkout will have the customer to access the link to pay for the item, I would recommend creating a sandbox account and testing these flows.
1 Like 1 ·
essg avatar image essg bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I am sort of lost in all the documentation... it seems clover has so many development options. I have access to our clover account, do I still need to set up my own developer sandbox even though I plan on integrating with our current account?

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ essg commented ·
No, you can generate a merchant ecommerce API token from Account & Setup and use that to make your calls.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community