question

1zero1 avatar image
1zero1 asked 1zero1 commented

Ecommerce API - receipt language

When creating a Charge with the Ecommerce API, we can provide the receipt_email . There is also a possibility to customize receipt (Edit Receipt Customizations) with a Language option..

We are still in the analysis phase, so we have not played with anything yet, but we can't find any information about Receipt Language and Ecommerce API.

So, my question is.

I can't see any place to provide the language we need to receipt to be sent with the Charge API. It would be a show stopper for us if the invoice is always sent in one and only language. I can't imagine there is no way to manage that.

We are planning to go with iframe and API if that can be of any help providing the right solution for us.

e-commerce api
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
If the receipt is web-based, the customer's browser should be compatible with translating the page. I tested this with one of my receipts.
0 Likes 0 ·
1zero1 avatar image 1zero1 bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

So, invoices will always be in a single language, the user will need to use a translation tool to get the invoice in the language of their choice. Am I understanding well ?

Can we set the default invoice language? Our clients will be 99% of the time French user, sending an email with an English invoice make no sense.

0 Likes 0 ·
bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ 1zero1 commented ·
So was updated that it is also based on merchant locale settings, US merchants will send emails in English and Canadian will be bilingual ( English or French)
1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
1zero1 avatar image
1zero1 answered 1zero1 commented

Hey Bryan, I have reopened this one, because I think there is something lacking here, and I would like to make a feature request for the receipt language sent via the charge endpoint.

It's a weird user experience for the end user that uses the website in English (it's a bilingual website), and receive an invoice in French.

We should be able to pass the receipt language as a parameter when posting a Charge.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bryanvargas avatar image bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·
Please read my last comment, it is based on merchant locale settings
0 Likes 0 ·
1zero1 avatar image 1zero1 bryanvargas ♦♦ commented ·

Well, which settings are you referring to? We are set as Canada and fr-CA (without being able to change that) in {url}/business-information/

Sets like that the receipt is always in French.

The website is bilingual.

English users will receive the receipt in French

French users will receive in French

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community