question

an-ez-technician avatar image
an-ez-technician asked an-ez-technician commented

Firm Causing Tamper Flag Again?

I posted a month ago about this, pertaining to an update that was rolled out that caused the devices (flexes in particular) to become 'tampered' after the critical file was pushed. This contradicts the diagnostics screens and the developer section during provisioning.

Seeing that some of the threads are blowing up about it, seems like it's back to that again, especially with the same issue, it's happening again so it seems.

This time around, it appears to be only instigated during the provisioning cycle. You may want to issue a hotfix or a rollback to the previous version. Cause this happened twice within a 3 month span, it's becoming a major concern now.

So what gives?

Clover Flex
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raghudesam avatar image raghudesam commented ·
Please post the merchant name
0 Likes 0 ·
an-ez-technician avatar image an-ez-technician raghudesam commented ·

I got these merchants in particular that are having the issues:

On top of the statement I made inside the answered section, the devices are coming back with status being tampered shortly after the provisioning is completed.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

an-ez-technician avatar image
an-ez-technician answered

This is not limited to just one merchant though, that's the problem.

Examples:

C043UQ94440091
C043UQ94440312

The two devices above were delivered earlier, within a month span, after doing a follow-up with the client, it was stated that noticeable issues started coming back from it.

The interesting one is this one:

C041UQ81250252

Does not come back with any kind of tampered status until the device is provisioned.

During the initialization of the device, the status comes back with 'uninitialized', with even the factory cert is coming back with not tampered on it.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community