question

knelson avatar image
knelson asked suttlebrissetteson answered

Is there any option besides creating an app?

I went through the Sandbox instructions and integrated the Ecommerce API with collecting payments on our website. That's all we are using clover for, is as a payment processor for our company site. We were using Payeezy and have to switch. Now, in going through trying to push to prod, I'm finding that creating an "app", is this whole big thing that has to get approved and isn't even applicable to what we are trying to do. The questions in the submission process don't even apply. Did I do this development wrong and is there another way to accomplish our goal of accepting credit card payments on our website without creating an app?

e-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered

You don't need an app for a single merchant use case such as this, you can use a merchant token. Login to your test merchant account in sandbox, you should be able to figure it out.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

suttlebrissetteson avatar image
suttlebrissetteson answered

it seems like you might have gone through the Sandbox instructions correctly for integrating the Ecommerce API. Regarding the "app" creation process, if it's not applicable to your specific goal of accepting credit card payments on your website nol card, you may want to reach out to the platform's support or documentation for alternative methods. They should be able to guide you on the right approach. Good luck!

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community