question

manu avatar image
manu asked manu answered

Clover App Approval

Hi,

I am working on Clover Hosted iFrame and it looks like we need to create a Clover app just to create a PAKMS Api key.

I have created an app in our developer account and wants to submit it for approval but it is asking for the functional video of the app.

The idea is when user installs the app, they will be redirected to our page with the authorization code and other parameters. The page just displays a thank you message and generates a ApiKey to be used in the iFrame code:
const clover = new Clover('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

What should we add as a functional video of the app? As the app does nothing else. User installs it and get redirected to our page and see thanks you message, thats it.

Paymentsecommerce
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

parquet76 avatar image
parquet76 answered manu converted comment to answer

Is this for a single merchant?

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

manu avatar image manu commented ·
For now yes but they may expand it for another franchise.

Can you provide solution for both single and multiple merchants?

0 Likes 0 ·
parquet76 avatar image parquet76 manu commented ·

For a single merchant, the merchant could create the token in their dashboard and provide it to you. This approach can work for multiple merchants as well. With the downside being, the merchant has to know how to generate the token and securely provide it to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
manu avatar image manu parquet76 commented ·

Will the same access token be used in "Create a Charge" Authorization header as well?

Just want to confirm if the same access token can be used in the hosted iFrame const clover = new Clover('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

and in the Authorization header when we make an API call to create a new charge.

Is there steps on how to generate an access token via dashboard?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
manu avatar image
manu answered

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I figured it out.

Under "Ecommerce API Tokens", I selected iFrame integration type and it generates "Public Token" and "Private Token".

Public Token is being used in JS when we initialize the iframe:
const clover = new Clover('{ public_token}');

Private token is being used when we make an API call to create a charge and set that as part of Authorization Bearer Header.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community