question

greyskymedia avatar image
greyskymedia asked greyskymedia commented

Programmatically initiate regular checkout flow/Tip Screen (Station Duo)

Howdy! I'm trying to initiate the regular clover payment flow from the CFS (Customer Facing Screen/Clover Mini) via my new CFS app. I can't seam to figure out what the call is to get back into that flow once I've interrupted it. Right now it's doing nothing when I tap our "Pay Now" button from the CFS.

I've tried everything in this section https://docs.clover.com/docs/take-a-payment-with-payment-connector but each time it crashes.

My code is here;

Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_START_REGISTER);

intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_CLOVER_ORDER_ID, order.getId());

intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_OBEY_AUTO_LOGOUT, autoLogout); startActivity(intent);

Where am I going wrong?

App Marketclover developer communitystation pro
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
Did you check the logs? I suspect since you're running on the second display it's trying to start those on the second display which is not allowed. You might want to get in touch with someone from developer relations to go over your plan. CF apps are supposed to be something that are invoked for specific purposes during the payment flow. They aren't meant to "own" the CF experience, nor control the merchant facing experience.
1 Like 1 ·
caleb avatar image caleb commented ·

I got a flow working along these lines with a customer tender that when completed with

val data = Intent()
data.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_AMOUNT, 21.toLong());
data.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_CLIENT_ID, 1234.toString());
data.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_NOTE, "Transaction Id: blah");
activity.setResult(RESULT_OK, data);

goes back to the merchant facing register. The flow ends up being a partial payment via customer tender and then a second payment with whatever tender is selected next.

1 Like 1 ·
greyskymedia avatar image greyskymedia caleb commented ·
Thank you Caleb! We're going to see where we can get with that.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community