question

davidyon avatar image
davidyon asked davidyon commented

Merchant API Tokens Page Unavailable?

Trying to begin some prototyping with the Hosted Checkout feature for my sandboxed merchant. Got into the Hosted Checkout setup page but quickly realized I will need to create an API token. Problem is that no matter what I do, I end up with a spin-wait on the tokens page that won't go away. Any ideas?

api-tokens-page.pngAPI Tokens Page

API Token
api-tokens-page.png (43.9 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

It could be your browser's location settings, make sure you confirm any alerts in your browser. If that doesn't resolve it try a different browser.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidyon avatar image
davidyon answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I've tried both Edge and Chrome, on two different machines. On my Mac I am getting a bunch of errors on the browser console, don't really know why they are happening:

[OPTIMIZELY] - INFO  2022-04-06T21:45:14.180Z DECISION_SERVICE: Audiences for rule Everyone Else collectively evaluated to TRUE.
1276.66040a67.chunk.js:2 [OPTIMIZELY] - INFO  2022-04-06T21:45:14.180Z OPTIMIZELY: Feature ce_marketing_name is not enabled for user CGZR7ZJWNTAZA.
connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
conversion_async.js:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
conversion_async.js:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
tags.js:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
tags.js:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

It really seems like your browser or a plugin is blocking the location check we do. If you can't get it working you can create a token by creating an app, etc. Some more info can be found here - https://community.clover.com/questions/38453/starting-to-use-hosted-iframe-sandbox.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidyon avatar image
davidyon answered davidyon commented

Ok, so it was location settings. It took me to try it on Safari on my Mac before it worked.

Just so you know, the spin-wait was for rendering the dialog box warning about not sharing the API tokens, et al. Once I OK'ed that dialog box, THEN AND ONLY THEN did I get a request to share my location from the browser (on Safari).

On Chrome (both PC and Mac) and Edge (PC), the spin-wait never turned into the warning box, and therefore never presented me with a dismissal button, which meant it was never going to ask me about location sharing.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
So what was the fix the location settings? Or just refreshing the page?
0 Likes 0 ·
davidyon avatar image davidyon David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

None of my browsers had a blanket "Block Location" set on them. But again, the location setting prompt was only triggered by the dismissal button on that dialog box, which for reasons unknown was only being rendered on Safari on my Mac. Neither refreshing the page nor navigating back and forth would cause the spin-wait to eventually render into the warning dialog.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community