question

sreekant avatar image
sreekant asked jonahwills answered

Getting issue while uploading APK on sandbox account.

Hi

I used android studio Arctic Fox |2020.3.1 patch 3 to create APK for sandbox account. I did not find V1 scheme to choose while creating APK. Hence I used appsigner to create the build with V1 signature. I used below command in command prompt and then try to install the APK on sandbox but getting the error.

E:\Android_SDK\Sdk\build-tools\30.0.3>apksigner sign --ks E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\EBTAutoSplit_JKS_FILE\EBT_Auto_Split.jks --v1-signing-enabled=true --v2-signing-enabled=false --v3-signing-enabled=false E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\ewt_auto_split.apk

Error image attached.clover_upload_error.png

I also try to verify the APK with appsigner and print certificate also. All looks fine to me kindly suggest me to fix this issue. Previously i never faced this kind of issue while uploading the APK on sandbox.

Appsigner verify command screenshot attached.

appsigner print certificate.png

Please suggest how I can overcome this situation.

Sandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Try running zipalign BEFORE you sign your APK - https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/zipalign.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sreekant avatar image
sreekant answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I tried zipalign below commands but each time i after compressing some files it shows "Verification FAILED".

zipalign -p -f -v 4 E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\app-release.apk E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\outfile.apk

zipalign -f -v 4 E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\app-release.apk E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\outfile.apk

zipalign -c -v 4 E:\EWMerchants-ENRG\release_apk\release\outfile.apk

Kindly suggest where I am doing mistake.

Attached the output of zipalign command.

zipalign error.png

zipalign-error.png (107.7 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
You will need to research and resolve these errors on your end.
0 Likes 0 ·
jonahwills avatar image
jonahwills answered

If you're facing challenges while uploading your android app to your sandbox account, it could be due to compatibility issues, misconfigurations, or restrictions within the sandbox environment. I recommend double-checking the APK file to ensure it meets all requirements, verifying that your sandbox account settings are correctly configured for app uploads, and reaching out to the platform's support team for further assistance if needed.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community