question

jasonbanks avatar image
jasonbanks asked Daniel James answered

Bluetooth for semi-integration

We have a technical question that we wanted to clarify. Being an android terminal, the FLEX has Bluetooth on the device. Does Clover have rules in terms of the use of Bluetooth on the device? Are we (developers) allowed to make use of Bluetooth for advanced integrations with our application(s)?

Use case; Are able to use Bluetooth ourselves to connect to a device, such as an iPad/tablet, and with that device, communicate with our application on the payment device to make requests, such as a request for payment (semi-integrated style). This communication is of course strictly on us to maintain, and has no impact on the terminal itself. But before we explore this, we wanted to ensure that in a production environment functionality like Bluetooth is not disabled/locked out on the devices. Once we perform the message exchange, it would be a local request from our app to the Clover SDK.

I read something about whitelisting, not sure if that is something that will address this? I was able to programmatically enable Bluetooth on our development terminal but need to know if this is also available on production units.

Thank you!

semi-integrations
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Daniel James avatar image
Daniel James answered

Hey @jasonbanks, at the moment we don't officially support Bluetooth for semi-integrations. I'm not sure if it's explicitly blocked.

I do know that there has been some discussion and prototyping around bringing official support to bluetooth for the SDKs and semi-integrations. I'm optimistic that this could be coming soon, but obviously I can't promise anything and we don't have a release roadmap nailed down that would give you specifics.

I'll try to remember to reply here if I hear about any updates in the future.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community