question

nirav avatar image
nirav asked nirav commented

Alternate Name Paramter not being passed in certain items

Hi,

We have built an inventory tracking app, when we are fetching the data, for a particular merchant when we request the data in some items in json response I am getting alternate name as a paramater (even though the value is blank) i still get the paramater in response, but in some items I am not getting the paramater.

Can someone please help me understand why such a thing would happen that in the same merchant I am getting alternate name paramter for some items and not for other items?

Inventory
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you provide the item ids and what API you are calling?

0 Likes 0 ·
nirav avatar image nirav David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

App ID: MSX.......3BN2

REST API Used: https://www.clover.com/v3/merchants/A8PP8TFNXGQM1/items?expand=itemStock,categories&limit=1000&offset=0

Merchant ID: A8P......QM1

Item ID with Alternate Name parameter:

Q2D......ACDE

Item ID without Alternate Name Parameter :

8NH8......JR
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered nirav commented

I checked the items you posted, one has a null alternateName in the database (and we drop null values in the response), the other has an empty value.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nirav avatar image nirav commented ·
Thanks for the update, yes the empty value is correct, but what results in a NULL value? I mean is there any specific action by the merchant that results in this NULL value?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ nirav commented ·
The default value is null.
0 Likes 0 ·
nirav avatar image nirav David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Ok thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community