question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Service Charge and Returned items

Hello,

On an order with service charge, we have returned all items (return item API) and refunded the payment. However, we see that service charge originally applied still remain on receipt. This causes the order total to be non-zero. Is this expected? If so why is this charge not set to zero upon refund?

OrdersRefund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Are you intending to return the entire order? I am wondering if using https://docs.clover.com/docs/ecommerce-refunding-payments#refunding-payments-without-order-items-to-be-returned will provide the desired behavior?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kirank avatar image kirank commented ·
I tried this returning without items, the service charge remains. But returning order without items means just the payments are refunded. The order still is open. This is not our intent.

Our intent is return and thereby refund all items on the order. The reason is when we take weekly totals. Such refunded orders show up as orders that have not been collected.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·
Thanks. I have written up an issue for the ecomm team.
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community