question

y2kproperties avatar image
y2kproperties asked lindausa0106 answered

syncing issues with dashboard and POS with using shopventory

Is anyone else having issues with items created in shopventory not showing in clover POS systems? This has been an ongoing issue for three weeks for us at this point and clover keeps saying they will escalate it every time we call which is several times a week with no results. This is quite ridiculous at this point that they can not resolve this issue. Any input or other issues people are having would be fantastic.

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Can you provide your merchant ID in a moderator's only comment? What is not syncing? Orders, inventory? Do you have any specific item or orders ids you can share? Have you been in touch with Shopventory?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Just a note, this community site supports 3rd party developers that build apps on Clover's platform. So, you are unlikely to find other merchants using and experiencing issues with Shopventory. I am happy to help look into your issue though.

I found your merchant id based on your email. I see a lot of successful calls for your merchant and the Shopventory integration. I see a small % of failures (1.5%). Are you having issues with just a subset of items?

I don't see any evidence of an issue on our end. What I do see is that several items (one example item (5M...........E6) were deleted on the device and that Shopventory is still trying to update the items that were deleted. This implies that Shopventory is having a sync issue that it can't recover from (it doesn't know the item has been deleted, so it keeps trying to update an item that doesn't exist). Assuming the item I posted above is one of the items you are having an issue with, you will need to contact Shopventory or figure out another way to resolve this (taking a guess, but deleting and re-creating the item in Shopventory may work). If the item I posted above is not one of the items you are having an issue with you will need to provide more information. In a moderator's only comment post the uuids of the problematic items.

18 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you explain what you mean by the "dashboard". Are you talking about Clover's dashboard or Shopventory?

"None of our liquors are pushing from the dashboard to the POS and a large handful of wines are not pushing from the dash board to the POS"

So the items are showing up in Clover but they are not showing up in Shopventory? Or the items are showing up in the Clover dashboard, but they are not showing up on your Clover devices?

I just searched for the item your referenced in your private comment and it shows up in Clover's dashboard. So, I am guessing you are saying it isn't showing up on your device? Can you give me an example of an item in the Drinks/Bar category that is displaying on the device? I see you have 3 devices, are these items not displaying on all 3? Is the Drinks/Bar category available on the device but there are just no items in it? Is it only this category that you are having issues with (are items in other categories syncing properly)?

0 Likes 0 ·
y2kproperties avatar image y2kproperties David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So when referring to dashboard I am referring to Clovers online dashboard.

The items are showing up in shopventory and on the clover dashboard but not the devices and yes it is across all three devices with this issue.

This item is showing in all places- M1MX8WKAHV4QW

The drinks bar is available and showing on the devices and it is only showing some of the items from the dashboard, everything added from approximately 3 weeks ago forward has not been showing along with a few items that were and now are not.

This category as well as Liquor category, the liquor category show absolutely nothing in it but all bottled alcohol is dual labeled and it is not showing in either. I have tried removing one label with no success as well. We have not added our food items yet through shopventory due to this problem. I just created this product M6G0CPTXZ9CG2 under Dinner category and it pushed to the dashboard and the devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ y2kproperties commented ·

Do the items show up in the inventory app on the device and just not the register? Or they do not show up anywhere? Can you check if item 0S......QJ is showing up now?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
y2kproperties avatar image y2kproperties David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
So I just created a TEST Wine and category wine labeled and it also pushed all the way through I am going to attempt making a new liquor and bar test and see if that works
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ y2kproperties commented ·

Can you try making a minor change to the items that are not showing up, like modify the price by 1 cent, and then save, and the modify the price back to the original and save? I am not suggesting this as a final solution but, if it works, it will help us troubleshoot.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mnathe34 avatar image
mnathe34 answered bryanvargas edited

There is just one sync of the client information. You must maintain distinct customer lists for your eCom (E-Series) and Retail POS systems as a result. The information you change about an existing client in Retail POS, for instance, won't sync with that customer's profile on your eCom (E-Series) dashboard.

10 |2000

lindausa0106 avatar image
lindausa0106 answered bryanvargas edited

If you are having sync issues between the Shop-inventory dashboard and POS (Point of Sale), you can take the following steps to fix it:

- Check the Internet connection of the POS and the Shopventory console. Make sure that both the POS and the console have a stable and working Internet connection.

- Double-check your Shopventory account to make sure you are logged in with the correct username and password.

- Double-check the sync settings in the Shopventory dashboard to make sure that all the settings are correct and enabled.

- Double-check the sync settings in your POS to make sure that all the settings are correct and enabled.

- If you're still having issues, try restarting your POS and your Shopventory dashboard.

- If all else fails, contact Shopventory support for assistance and problem resolution.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community