question

chrism avatar image
chrism asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Extensible tender example

I've been following the instructions in the Creating custom tender apps documentation and trying to use the example code in extensibletenderexample as a guide. (I'm developing for a Clover Mini 2 device emulator at the moment). I can never initialize the app and get a 500 error no matter what I try. I've seen posts about this same (closed) issue . Access denied to package com.example.user.mycustomtender - Clover Community

But I don't see a resolution other than I need an API token. (per Test merchant IDs & API tokens) I'm not clear on where this goes in my application, the token seems to be for WebAPI calls. Has anyone successfully run this example code? Any guidance is much appreciated, thank you.

Custom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
It is difficult to help since we don't know the exact steps your took, etc. My best guess is that when you originally installed your app it did not have the correct permissions (you added them later). If that is the case, you will need to uninstall/reinstall your application via the Clover dashboard for the changes to take affect.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Yes, the example app works. Have you followed the instructions in the readme - https://github.com/clover/android-examples/tree/master/extensibletenderexample (created an application via the developer dashboard, set the permissions correctly, installed it to your test merchant - https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-apks)?

10 |2000

chrism avatar image
chrism answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

Thank you, yes I have done all of those things but continue to receive a "500 access denied..." to the package.

10 |2000

chrism avatar image
chrism answered

David, thank you that must have been the issue. It is working now.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community