question

katfurr avatar image
katfurr asked katfurr answered

Unable to edit "item w/variant" option names

I'm not able to edit the name/title of any "item w/variants" options once they are created (I can edit the MAIN item name, but none of the items created from the attributes/options). I can't even delete the options (I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying "option in use, cannot delete). This is for every item set up with variants. I need to be able to edit! What if there is simply a typo. The whole reason I set it up this way is to speak to my online inventory and keep counts current. I've been waiting on clover for over 2 days with no answer even though it was escalated to the engineers. Thank you.

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

The name of an item which is a member of an item group is automatically generated by the Clover server as a combination of the item group name and the name of all the options associated with that item. It cannot be changed. If the item group name is changed, or if an option name is changed, then the item names will be automatically regenerated.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

katfurr avatar image
katfurr answered

Thanks, David. I cannot change the option name, that's what I'm saying. I cannot even delete an option... that's when the error pops up that it's in use

I do understand that the variant item name is a combination of the base item, which I can change. I need to be able to change the option names.

Thanks again!

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community