question

jeremyinvoiceasap avatar image
jeremyinvoiceasap asked jeremyinvoiceasap commented

Is it possible to reveal Cash and Check payment options when opening the Secure Pay activity?

When sending the user over to the Secure Pay activity, I do not see options for Cash or Check.

Is there a way to reveal these payment methods during the Secure Pay flow, or is there another activity where we should be sending the user?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered jeremyinvoiceasap commented

The Secure Payments application will offer tenders to the customer, but it offers customer facing tenders, not merchant facing tenders. Most of the existing tenders (cash, check, etc.) are merchant facing tenders. So if you wanted to offer your own tender type in Secure Payments, you could do that*. It however does not offer the standard merchant-facing tenders to the customer.

The main flows today are setup to allow the merchant to choose the tender. We do not currently provide a customer-facing screen that will have all of the tender options available in the merchant facing flows.

If you wish to initiate a merchant-facing payment flow, you can either do this,

Start the Payments application. You must provide the order ID for an existing order (that you've created or has been created by some other application).

Intent payIntent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_CLOVER_PAY);
payIntent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_ORDER_ID, orderId);
payIntent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TRANSACTION_TYPE, Intents.TRANSACTION_TYPE_PAYMENT);

startActivityForResult(payIntent, requestCode);

Or, start the Sale app with a given amount.

Intent payIntent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_MANUAL_PAY);
payIntent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_AMOUNT, amount);

startActivityForResult(payIntent, requestCode);
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeremyinvoiceasap avatar image jeremyinvoiceasap commented ·

Thank you for this response. Assuming that it's the merchant going through the flow and not the customer, is there another Activity we could call from our app to accept payment?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Sure, see updated answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

jeff,

Will either intent work across all Station, Mini, and Mobile devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, it will work across all Clover devices.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm able to get the ACTIONMANUALPAY intent functioning on Mobile/Mini devices, as well as the emulator. However the app is crashing when I try to call that intent on the Station device I have next to me.

Is there anything about the Station that would be incompatible with the ACTIONMANUALPAY intent?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community