We currently have a client in a restaurant environment that would like us to develop a custom loyalty application for use with their Clover Station Duo. We have a few questions regarding the possibility of what they would like.
First, I would like to explain the use case and flow of operations:
• A customer approaches the register to place their order. On the Clover Mini, we would like to display the loyalty app login screen for them to log into their account.
• Once logged in, the Clover Mini will display their points balance.
• When the order is complete, but before payment is tended, a pop-up appears on the Clover Station Duo primary screen, displaying "Customer has enough points for X% discount, apply?" with two buttons for "yes" and "no".
• After the discount has been applied or denied, the Clover Mini displays the normal payment total and provides card/payment functionality.
For Clarification - the loyalty API is a standalone system outside the Clover system. It will be used along with an online ordering solution that we are developing as well.
Our questions are as follows:
1. Is it possible to load the app on the Clover Mini as described above, and still retain the payment functionality when it is time for the customer to render payment?
2. Is it possible to display the popup while using the built-in register application, or will we need to develop a custom register application to facilitate this functionality?
3. Is it possible to develop this as a "private" Clover application for this individual customer, or will it need to be developed as an application available to the entire Clover App Marketplace?