question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked kirank commented

ecommerce API -Payment leaving in partially_paid state

Hi,

We have an v3/order followed by a ecommerce payment to the order. After payment we are noticing the order is in partially paid state even though full order total was collected. Can you provide any ideas why its in partial state?

Orderse-commerce api
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I don't have time to look into the order you posted right now. Are you setting an order total? If so it's probably incorrect, that's the first thing I would check.
0 Likes 0 ·
kirank avatar image kirank David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I'm not setting an order total. But what I did find out is two line items are negative unit price (we use negative for redemption of some coupon) totaling $360. That is the difference in order total calculated by Clover and actual order total.

The strange part is the API for order details returns total = $1,224.99

The receipt link shows correct total (matching our app's invoice) = $864.99 (with payment = 864.99)

The difference = $360 which the total of some redemptions.

So it seems order calculation does not allow negative price (treats them as positive)

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·

Why are you using a negative priced item instead of a discount? I will look into this. In the meantime you will need to calculate and set the total on your end

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community