question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked kirank answered

ecommerce - createOrder limitations of quantity and customer email

Hello,

We are trying the
https://scl-sandbox.dev.clover.com/v1/orders end point to create an order before payment.

We find that line item quantity is limited to 25 (we get an error 400 "Please provide an order item quantity of 25 or less."). Once we get past that, the endpoint is requiring an email address of a customer with a message "Please provide a valid email." In most cases we don't have email.

How can we submit quantity of 0.5 and above 25 in ecommerce API? Also how can we create an order without valid email?

Orderse-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kirank avatar image
kirank answered

I think we found the issue. This API is sensitive to case of order id. Our app was using lower case of order id in URL. Once we used regular case, it worked.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, I posted that above but it was in response to your secure comment so I guess you couldn't see it.
1 Like 1 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

25 is the limit. Have you looked into using our atomic order endpoints - https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-orders?

8 comments
10 |2000

kirank avatar image kirank commented ·
Yes, we are considering it. But we were looking to use simpler interface on ecommerce. But why not support quantity in 1/1000 grading like its done in other API? Perhaps we can live with 25 limit. How about the email limitation - any chance it can be relaxed?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·
I am not very familiar with that API, but it is limited. I would have to look into the email requirement. If it is indeed a requirement like you say I would suggest switching over to our other apis.
0 Likes 0 ·
kirank avatar image kirank David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

As we were trying to use the custom orders from v3/orders API, we find that the order ID is not available to ecommerce API. Example order ID is p5c96jc20xq18 -- this was created and available under regular order API. But ecommerce API Returns 400, "please provide a valid order id".

If above is indeed true, I feel removal of the required field of "email" in ecommerce is now a valid ask as there are no other ways to create expanded orders for ecommerce.

Do you have any other suggestions we can try to add item level data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community