question

tomreay avatar image
tomreay asked tomreay commented

Dev kit - Prepaid credit cards

Hi, I'm trying to test using some prepaid credit cards using my sandbox Clover, at the moment it is failing with the following message:

"Transaction declined: Charge declined serv not allowed card type cannot be processed on your merchant processing account. Ask for another form of payment. Contact support if you believe this to be incorrect"

Is there a setting I need to change on the test merchant account?

Thanks

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered tomreay commented

Hi @TomReay,

Prepaid cards are debit cards, so your test merchant needs to accept External PIN Debit as a tender. These settings can be accessed from the Payments page of the Setup app found on the merchant dashboard. Unfortunately, I don't have a prepaid card to test with, so please let me know if you continue to receive the transaction declined message.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tomreay avatar image tomreay commented ·

Hi, I've enabled "External PIN Debit" as a tender for the test merchant but I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Hi @TomReay, I've reached out to you via PM and will update this post with what we figure out.

0 Likes 0 ·
tomreay avatar image
tomreay answered

Hi, I've enabled "External PIN Debit" as a tender for the test merchant but I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community