question

q-factor avatar image
q-factor asked sam Deactivated commented

Link an order created via web api to a clover device

I am trying to link an order created from web api (v3) to a clover device. I am using the device Id hash of my sandbox device as the id reference parameter for the order, but it does not seem to update. The sandbox device is listed in the devices of the merchant. I have also tried the serial number instead of the unique hash, but that's not it.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered sam Deactivated commented

For security reasons, there's no way to manually modify the device reference of a created the order. As others have suggested below, I would suggest using other attributes like "note" if it's necessary to make manual references.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

q-factor avatar image q-factor commented ·

Thank you for the response. I have the state as "open", and it is showing in orders app, but I don't know if that is relevant in the context of what I am trying to achieve. I am adding the reference Id of an existing device while creating an order, but the order is not showing that property. Every other order property, but this, is getting updated fine. I was wondering if this is happening only on the sandbox environment web API, because I haven't tried this in the production environment. The device ID property is there when I simply create an order through the SDK, of course.

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image sam commented ·

Sorry, I completely misread your question. I have updated my answer above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok. I see that. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bejoy Nair avatar image
Bejoy Nair answered q-factor commented

You can use attribute "Note" of Order to distinguish between an order from Web api and from POS machine.

2 comments
10 |2000

Thank you, that would have helped, but my notes property will already have other content.

0 Likes 0 ·

Also, that the real issue is the device reference is not getting updated for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Bryanne Vega commented

Have you tried specifying external_id?

3 comments
10 |2000

yes, I did. But according to the answer above, the device reference cannot be updated manually.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

Just to be sure, that we're on the same page, we're talking about this:

On the payments:

"createdTime": "long",
      "externalPaymentId": "", <--
      "id": "",
      "taxAmount": "long",
0 Likes 0 ·

oh no. I was talking about the "deviceId" on the order.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community