question

seedappdev avatar image
seedappdev asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Error: App doesn't have required permission: Package: com.itsoft.seed, not allowed permission: MERCHANT_R

We are trying to run our Clover app on Android emulator (API 17) using hardware profile for Clover station and the the app is having trouble with the clover SDK.

Here is the stacktrace

System.out  I  Clover: postExec
CloverPlugin I service connected: com.clover.sdk.v1.merchant.MerchantConnector@9e903ba0
I service connected: com.clover.sdk.v3.employees.EmployeeConnector@9e9045a8
I service connected: com.clover.sdk.v3.inventory.InventoryConnector@9e904b58
MerchantConnector W on service failure: ResultStatus{statusCode=FORBIDDEN, statusMessage=App doesn't have required permission: Package: com.itsoft.seed, not allowed permission: MERCHANT_R}
System.out I Plugin: Clover: get merchant -- failure
      MerchantConnector  D  on service success: ResultStatus{statusCode=OK, statusMessage=null}

Any help would be appreciated

Clover Android SDKClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Per the error you are seeing your app needs to have merchant read permissions. This permission can be added via the app configuration in the Clover developer dashboard . Once you add the permission you will need to uninstall/reinstall your app from the dashboard for the permission changes to be recognized.

10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

seedappdev avatar image seedappdev commented ·

Hey David,

We have already granted all the permissions in the dashboard. This has not changed for 3 years. We have not done any updates to our apps for 3 years. We wanted to start working on it again.

1627048657691.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1627048657691.png (272.8 KiB)
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ seedappdev commented ·

Try uninstalling and reinstalling it like I previously suggested. Perhaps you added the permissions after you installed it 3 years ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
seedappdev avatar image seedappdev David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I was trying to install a development build (the dev APK directly on the emulator) and not the build published on the marketplace.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community