question

almosteric avatar image
almosteric asked ·

Modifiers not displaying in register consistently

Modifiers that we create/update through the API have recently not been displaying consistently on registers. This happens infrequently, but seems to becoming more common lately.
If the customer looks at Inventory through Clover's portal, everything looks fine, but registers are often displaying the wrong information. With locations with multiple registers, sometimes it is only 1 register that has incorrect info

Modifiers
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
almosteric avatar image
almosteric answered ·

is there any one here?

18 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You haven't provided enough detail for the reported problem to be investigated. Please provide a general description of the problem. What does displaying not consistently mean?, When does this occur? Is this a production account? Can you provide us with the names/ids of modifiers that do not display correctly? Can you provide more context? Can you provide an example illustrating the problem (I expect to see this, but I see this)?

0 Likes 0 ·
almosteric avatar image almosteric David Marginian ♦♦ ·
wow. ok. For context, we (DigitalPour) have been using your API longer than anyone else on this forum. (over 7 years). I assumed most people at Clover were familiar with what we do, sadly it seems most of the folks we used to work with have moved on.

To answer your questions:
Display consistently: Among many other things, we manage customer happy hours. This means at a certain point in time, we need to update the pricing for a relatively large number of items (depending on how many tap lines they have). As mentioned, we have been doing this for 7+ years. Within the past few weeks, and with increasing frequency, we are seeing where we correctly set the prices in Clover's backend, but those changes are not consistently making it to their registers - they are showing the previous price. Usually it is just a few taps, sometimes more - as mentioned, it is not consistent.

Here is a small list of the customers (that we know of) that are having this problem. Since the issue is between Clover's backend and their registers, there is no way for us to know if this is happening unless a customer reports it.
The Bigfoot Taproom
Twisp River Tap House
Hops on Tap
Chefstable - Beer o'clock
Chefstable - Lardo

I can provide their merchant IDs if needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
I will also add my suspicion that this is due you trying to fix your online ordering story. Our customers have reported that the dashboard has been changing over the past few days and we now, when looking at Modifier Groups there is a column for "On POS" and one for "Online". Neither of these parameters seem to be available through the current API, but I suspect different models of your Registers are able to handle this :On POS" flag. If this is the case, it would be great if we were able to set these flags through the API
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community