question

haulx94 avatar image
haulx94 asked haulx94 commented

Card payment integration on Clover Station

Hi guys.

I have an POS android app that can take many payment methods for one order. One of those is card payment so i bought a Clover Station last week to take care of this. But after i read developer guide and reviewed their android examples, i jumped into a conclusion that if i want to integrate (or use) Clover's card payment feature, i have to build a whole new app using Clover database and api to handle my data (user, customer, order, report...).

Is there any way i can integrate Clover's payment card feature and use my own database and api to handle my data ?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered haulx94 commented

Hi,

In the Clover ecosystem, the solution you've described is what we term Semi-Integration. A good place to start would be both our https://docs.clover.com and our Semi-Integration Overview.

Hope this helps-

Mark

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

haulx94 avatar image haulx94 commented ·

Hi Mark.

How to call your credit card payment service from my App on Clover Station?

Thanks for your support.

Hau.

0 Likes 0 ·
syslytic avatar image syslytic commented ·

Hi Mark, Can I use Payment service in my Market App on Clover Station?

Looking forward you respond! Van

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

Hi Hau,

Assuming you're going with semi-integration via the remote-pay-android SDK, the CloverConnector class is the high-level API that has functions like sale(), to launch Clover's payment service.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

@Syslytic Hi Van,

Yes - if you're building an app to be listed on the Clover App Market and installed by the Merchant, then the clover-android-sdk will be the better resource for you. To start Clover's Secure Payment Activity, simply have your app fire an ACTION_SECURE_PAY Intent and pass in the relevant Extras.

0 Likes 0 ·
syslytic avatar image syslytic commented ·

Hi Mark, in case of that, can I customize the receipt & payment data report? On the other hand, can Clover's Secure Payment Activity accept payment in multiple way (EX, 50% cash + 50% credit card)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community