question

crod93 avatar image
crod93 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Unable to explain amounts on orders

We have a few orders that we are unable to view or explain order total amounts. For example, see the receipt attached we have a Subtotal and total tax amount of 241.20 + 24.36 = 265.56. This makes sense, however, the total paid indicates it was 292.74. I don't see anything on this order to account for this amount unless I am missing something. Please advise, thanks.

screen-shot-2021-04-29-at-120741-pm.pngscreen-shot-2021-04-29-at-120809-pm.png

OrdersPaymentsClover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

What happened here is that the merchant was working on the order from 2 devices. They added the discount for the syrah on device 1. Then they switched over to device 2. The discount hadn't synced to device 2 so they added it again and immediately paid. The end result was that the payment only included 1 discount because the discount from device 1 hadn't synced to device 2 by the time the payment was made, but two discounts were applied to the order. This isn't a bug on our end, it's just the way things currently work. The merchant needs to understand this is a problematic use case. If they are going to be working from multiple devices they need to make sure the order has synced to both devices.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

crod93 avatar image crod93 commented ·

Thank you for the explanation, we will relay that information.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Are you a merchant or developer? If you are a developer, did you create the order? What is the order id?

2 comments
10 |2000

crod93 avatar image crod93 commented ·

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am a developer, and no I did not create the order. Here is the orderId, Q7YQ6KNX38GWA.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ crod93 commented ·

Something strange happened here, I have created a ticket on our end. It looks like two discounts were submitted for the Syrah Rose (which seems to be a mistake) but the payment only considered 1 of them and the web receipt considered both.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community