question

crod93 avatar image
crod93 asked ·

Unable to explain amounts on orders

We have a few orders that we are unable to view or explain order total amounts. For example, see the receipt attached we have a Subtotal and total tax amount of 241.20 + 24.36 = 265.56. This makes sense, however, the total paid indicates it was 292.74. I don't see anything on this order to account for this amount unless I am missing something. Please advise, thanks.

screen-shot-2021-04-29-at-120741-pm.pngscreen-shot-2021-04-29-at-120809-pm.png

OrdersPaymentsClover Android SDK
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

What happened here is that the merchant was working on the order from 2 devices. They added the discount for the syrah on device 1. Then they switched over to device 2. The discount hadn't synced to device 2 so they added it again and immediately paid. The end result was that the payment only included 1 discount because the discount from device 1 hadn't synced to device 2 by the time the payment was made, but two discounts were applied to the order. This isn't a bug on our end, it's just the way things currently work. The merchant needs to understand this is a problematic use case. If they are going to be working from multiple devices they need to make sure the order has synced to both devices.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for the explanation, we will relay that information.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

Are you a merchant or developer? If you are a developer, did you create the order? What is the order id?

2 comments

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am a developer, and no I did not create the order. Here is the orderId, Q7YQ6KNX38GWA.

0 Likes 0 ·

Something strange happened here, I have created a ticket on our end. It looks like two discounts were submitted for the Syrah Rose (which seems to be a mistake) but the payment only considered 1 of them and the web receipt considered both.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community