question

miaaa avatar image
miaaa asked miaaa commented

Implicit intents with startService are not safe

Here is the message I got every time when I run my app.

Implicit intents with startService are not safe: Intent { act=com.clover.intent.action.ORDERSERVICEV3 (has extras) }

I am confused about this message because I was trying to get those extras and print them out. I just check the Intent document. This intent does not contain any Extra. There is nothing in there. Should I care about this message? Or how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.

Intents
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered miaaa commented

Hi Miaaa,

The Implicit intents with startService are not safe: is more of an Android question than one for Clover, and there are a few Stack Overflow articles that go into more detail. The way that our Connector classes are implemented, this warning will be logged every time and is benign. It looks like intent.putExtra() is called a couple of times during the connection process a level beneath the SDK API, but nothing of significance is put there.

Long story short, no need to worry about this message-

Mark

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

miaaa avatar image miaaa commented ·

THanks! Mark.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community