question

tommyblock avatar image
tommyblock asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Merchant with empty address - how does this happen?

When creating a merchant ("Business") in the sandbox dashboard, all the address fields are required, so we assumed that was the case for all merchants. However some merchants have signed up to our app who have some of the required fields missing (one merchant only had a value for the 'country' field).

Are these 'real' merchants, or is there a specific reason why they do not have an address?

On a related note, it would be great if the API reference would say which fields are required and which are optional.

Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

In production there are various ways merchants can be onboarded, so I suppose a merchant having incomplete address information is possible. I will ask the boarding team for some more information.

Unfortunately, there are several known issues with our API docs that aren't trivial to solve. We have an effort planned to improve this but I am not sure when we will get it done. Thanks for the feedback and I will note it in the issue we are using to track these API doc changes

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community