question

fwalker007 avatar image
fwalker007 asked fwalker007 commented

Can I access a "active/real" mechant from the developer account?

So I am able to run my application and call the REST API to access Payment data. However, the merchant account linked to the developer account is a dummy account with no actual data. The application I am working on is not for distribution, it's just for a particular already active merchant. Is there any way I can access this merchants data from my developer application? Or alternatively and easy way to transfer/or duplicate this merchants information. I did not see an option to add this merchant to the developer account. Using the merchant ID seems to cause the "add" button to be inactive. Any thoughts on this? How to access real data?

Thank you

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered fwalker007 commented

Hey there,

Sandbox apps are for Sandbox merchants, Production apps are for Production merchants. Data is not shared between Sandbox/Production. Please note that using our APIs without distributing an app is against our Developer Agreement (Section 12.2), so proceed at your own risk.

We encourage you to build an app to be published on our App Market. If one merchant finds it valuable, others likely will too. Our goal is to allow you to benefit ($$$) from doing so. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Mark

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fwalker007 avatar image fwalker007 commented ·

Oh, ok thank you for the notice about the developer agreement, I had not realized that. I will work on making sure the application can apply to other merchants. I am ok with that. It is just hard to properly support these types of applications. However, I don't believe you answered my question. What do I need to do to access the production data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

There are a few answers to that question, depending on what scope you're asking from.

• From a high level standpoint, you'll have access to production data when your app is approved and listed on the App Market.
  • From a technical standpoint, both sandbox apps and production apps get access to data by implementing OAuth.
  • You can make a test merchant on our production server and produce an API token to work with "production data."

Does this help?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community