question

Gabriel Fernandez avatar image
Gabriel Fernandez asked Gabriel Fernandez commented

Can I use ACTION_CLOVER_PAY on clovers under TerminalPlan ?

Android clover SDK give us this intent.

public static final String ACTIONCLOVERPAY

Launch Pay activity with active order (Register Payments) Extras passed:

EXTRACLOVERORDER_ID - The UUID of the order being paid for (REQUIRED)

EXTRAOBEYAUTO_LOGOUT - If true and merchant uses auto-logout, device logs out after payment, default is false

EXTRAASKFOR_TIP - If true, customer will be prompted for tip after payment, default is true

EXTRAALLOWFIRE - If true and merchant fires orders after payment, order is fired after payment, default is true Result data for this activity will include the same extras passed to it

Result codes:

Activity.RESULTOK - payment completed successfully Activity.RESULTCANCELED - payment not completed successfully

Can somebody tell me why this intent specifies (Register Payments). Initially i think this intent i couldn't use it on clover under TerminalPlan but it is not so. I don't want to deploy my app and it will give unexpected errors due misinterpretation of (Register Payments) later.

I am creating an Order and open it with ACTIONCLOVERPAY. Then my application wait for ACTIONPAYMENTPROCESSED to release the order. Everything seems to work well.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered Gabriel Fernandez commented

Hi @Puzzle9900,

The robust way to pay with the Terminal/Payments Plus plan (more information about the new service plans) is ACTION SECURE PAY. Follow this example.

Another appropriate intent to use with the Terminal/Payments Plus is ACTION MANUAL PAY, which launches the Sale app.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gabriel Fernandez avatar image Gabriel Fernandez commented ·

Yes but, ACTIONSECUREPAY don't give us the functionality to pay with cash. It is only given by ACTIONMANUALPAY or ACTIONCLOVERPAY. But action manual pay requires additional implementation to detect if the payment was successful. This posts [https://devask.clover.com/question/69...payment-the-resulting-payment-when-you-use-actionmanualpay-launch-sale-activity/] and [https://devask.clover.com/question/68...] explain the issue with the ACTIONMANUAL_PAY.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community