question

belleza avatar image
belleza asked nirmal Suspended commented

Pre-populating Manual Refund App

Context:

We plan to support cross merchant refund/exchange. Since, clover doesn't support cross-merchant order lookup and refund/exchange we are trying different alternatives.

Question:

Suppose, we build an app to lookup orders from cross merchant. Is it possible to pre-populate the manual refund app from our custom app? We also want to make sure that the pre-populated value can't be manually over-ridden.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hello,

You can fire an intent to launch our Refund app, but cannot pre-populate the Amount with an Extra. I'll keep you posted if this feature is added. Thanks!

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nirmal avatar image
nirmal Suspended answered nirmal Suspended commented

you can populate it by passing EXTRA_AMOUNT but cannot make that unchangeable.

3 comments
10 |2000

Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

Hi @Nirmal, have you confirmed this in code? Last I checked, this wasn't possible, but I can update my answer accordingly if shown otherwise. Thanks-

0 Likes 0 ·
nirmal avatar image nirmal commented ·

Yes I have confirmed it . You can populate it but you cannot make it unchangable.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks @Nirmal. Would you mind sharing your code and I can convert it to the answer?

0 Likes 0 ·
nirmal avatar image
nirmal Suspended answered nirmal Suspended commented

Try my following code...

private void openRefundIntent(String amount) {
        Intent intent = new Intent(Intents.ACTION_MANUAL_REFUND);
        intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_AMOUNT, Long.parseLong(amount));
        startActivity(intent);
    }
2 comments
10 |2000

Confirmed. The EXTRA_AMOUNT must be a Long for this to work properly.

0 Likes 0 ·
nirmal avatar image nirmal commented ·

Yes . I think t must be..

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community