question

fakade avatar image
fakade asked ·

Copy an order from existing order with SDK?

Motive : I am trying to create an order from existing order with all the line items and its modifiers. I have tried the following methods but still I get an error.

Method #1:
The below ones copy only the main line items and not the modifiers of the line items.

Order existingOrder = mOrderConnector.getOrder(currentOrderId); Order newOrder = mOrderConnector.createOrder(new Order()); for (LineItem i : existingOrder.getLineItems()) { if (i.getId() != null) { mOrderConnector.addFixedPriceLineItem(newOrder.getId(), i.getItem().getId(), null, null); } }

The below snippet to copy the modifier from individual line items from existing order and put to new order. This created a 400 error, even though i gave my application full access for all the provided ones in clover dashboard. Also I made sure that the modifier has all the values set and the id is valid.

mOrderConnector.addLineItemModification(newOrder.getId(),"MODIFIER_ID", newMod);
W/System.err: com.clover.sdk.v1.ClientException: status code: 400 Order{json='ORDER JSON', bundle=null, changeLog=null} at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.throwOnFailure(ServiceConnector.java:318) at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.execute(ServiceConnector.java:251) at com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector.addLineItemModification(OrderV31Connector.java:385)

Method #2:

The below method also gave me the same 400 error which is mentioned above.

mOrderConnector.updateLineItems(newOrder.getId(), lineItemList);

Method #3:

The below method also gave me the same 400 error which was mentioned on the #1 method.

mOrderConnector.createLineItemsFrom(newOrder.getId(), existingOrder.getId(), lineItemList);

Method #4:

Also tried the below method and got the following error.

Order existingOrder = mOrderConnector.getOrder(currentOrderId);
Log.d(TAG, "Current order id : " + currentOrderId);
Log.d(TAG, "Current order JSON : " + existingOrder);

Order newOrder = new Order(existingOrder);
newOrder.setId("AZQWERTY05231");
Log.d(TAG, "New order id : " + newOrder.getId());
Log.d(TAG, "New order JSON : " + newOrder);

mOrderConnector.updateOrder(newOrder);

This is the response for the above snippet.

Current order id : 05V2YDCDFSH50
Current order JSON : Order{json='ORDER_JSON_1', bundle=null, changeLog=null}
New order id : AZQWERTY05231
New order JSON : Order{json='ORDER_JSON_1', bundle=null, changeLog=Bundle[{id=null}]}
W/System.err: com.clover.sdk.v1.ClientException: status code: 400 cannot update one or more of these fields: Order{json='{"id":"AZQWERTY05231"}', bundle=null, changeLog=null}
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.throwOnFailure(ServiceConnector.java:318)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.execute(ServiceConnector.java:251)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector.updateOrder(OrderV31Connector.java:240)

Is there any other way to do this ? Thanks for your time.

OrdersInventory
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fakade avatar image
fakade answered ·

Below snippet will help you to copy the items from one order to new order along with all the modifications for the lineitems.

for(int i=0; i<existingOrder.getLineItems().size();i++){
    String currentItemId = existingOrder.getLineItems().get(i).getItem().getId();
    mOrderConnector.addFixedPriceLineItem(newOrder.getId(), currentItemId, null,null);
    newOrder = mOrderConnector.updateOrder(newOrder);
    List<ModifierGroup> modifierGroups = mInventoryConnector.getModifierGroupsForItem(currentItemId);
    if (modifierGroups.size() > 0){
        List<Modifier> modifiers = modifierGroups.get(0).getModifiers();
        if(modifiers.size() > 0 ){
            for (Modifier mod : modifiers){
                for(Modification modification : existingOrder.getLineItems().get(i).getModifications()){
                    if(mod.getId().equals(modification.getModifier().getId())){
                        mOrderConnector.addLineItemModification(newOrder.getId(), newOrder.getLineItems().get(i).getId(), mod);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian answered ·

A 400 is a bad request and not related to permissions.

1. mOrderConnector.addLineItemModification(newOrder.getId(),"MODIFIER_ID", newMod);

The second parameter is supposed to be the uuid of the "line item". MODIFIER_ID is not valid.

19 comments

Hey David,

Tried with the below code snippet as per your suggestion. It seems i copied the wrong value to paste in the forum, updating the snippet and its response below.

Order existingOrder = mOrderConnector.getOrder("05V2YDCDFSH50");
Order newOrder = mOrderConnector.createOrder(new Order());

String lineItemId = null;
for (LineItem i : existingOrder.getLineItems()) {
    if (i.getId() != null) {
        mOrderConnector.addFixedPriceLineItem(newOrder.getId(), i.getItem().getId(), null, null);
        lineItemId = i.getItem().getId();
        Log.d(TAG, "copyAndOpenRegister: LineItem uuid : " + lineItemId);
    }
}
Log.d(TAG, "Before MOD: New order JSON : " + newOrder);

Modifier mod = new Modifier();
mod.setId("88HY8CB6PCY5M");
mod.setName("Medium");
mod.setPrice((long) 100);

Log.d(TAG, "New order JSON : " + newOrder);
Log.d(TAG, "Line item id : " + lineItemId);
mOrderConnector.addLineItemModification(newOrder.getId(), lineItemId, mod);

Adding the response in next comment.

0 Likes 0 ·

Response for the above given snippet.

Existing order JSON : Order{json='EXISTING ORDER JSON', bundle=null, changeLog=nul
Before MOD: New order JSON : Order{json='{"id":"2TA3M9AJ24DDG","device":{"id":"1c36ed52-c6ce-40de-8daa-95721241592a"},"currency":"USD","isVat":false,"groupLineItems":true,"testMode":false,"createdTime":1609220890931,"clientCreatedTime":1609220890931,"taxRemoved":false,"manualTransaction":false,"total":0,"employee":{"id":"938N79ZQ9T5QT"}}', bundle=null, changeLog=Bundle[{customers=null}]}
New order JSON : Order{json='{"id":"2TA3M9AJ24DDG","device":{"id":"1c36ed52-c6ce-40de-8daa-95721241592a"},"currency":"USD","isVat":false,"groupLineItems":true,"testMode":false,"createdTime":1609220890931,"clientCreatedTime":1609220890931,"taxRemoved":false,"manualTransaction":false,"total":0,"employee":{"id":"938N79ZQ9T5QT"}}', bundle=null, changeLog=Bundle[{customers=null}]}

W/System.err: com.clover.sdk.v1.ClientException: status code: -1
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.throwOnFailure(ServiceConnector.java:318)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.execute(ServiceConnector.java:251)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v3.order.OrderV31Connector.addLineItemModification(OrderV31Connector.java:385)

0 Likes 0 ·

It looks like you are setting lineItemId to the inventory item id: i.getItem().getId(), shouldn't that be i.getId()?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community