question

mtt avatar image
mtt asked mtt commented

Developer Pay API sandbox - authorizing and capturing payments

I'm testing the Developer Pay API in the sandbox environment and have some questions about it.

I was able to submit a request through the API, but all of my transactions show up as:

Card Transaction Type: PREAUTH Card Transaction State: PENDING

Per the documentation - https://docs.clover.com/build/develop... :

This endpoint authorizes and/or captures a credit card per the merchant configuration.
  1. Where can I find/change this configuration option?

2. Is it possible to separately authorize and capture a transaction?

3. Is there any way to attach a signature when capturing a payment?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated answered mtt commented

Hey mtt,

The Card Transaction State will stay pending until the close out action happens. Either manually by the merchant or automatically during a time selected by the processor/and or merchant. When then happens the State will change to Closed.

1. What are you using the Developer Pay API for ? Will your system/implementation be capturing a signature?
5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mtt avatar image mtt commented ·

Thanks James.

We are using the Develop Pay API to capture payments from customers over the phone. The signature question was out of curiosity.

Does what you said also apply in the sandbox environment? Do I need to contact you guys to configure my sandbox account's closing options? Is there an option to manually close payments on the mini?

What about authorizing a transaction then capturing it later?

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

So in sandbox there is no Closeout so it will not go from pending -> closed.

0 Likes 0 ·

So in sandbox pending payments submitted from this API will never close. Gotcha.

What about capturing vs authorizing? How do I set this? per the documentation: "authorizes and/or captures"

I just got some clarification on signatures which we will want to be submitting with the payment. So I would still like to know whether submitting a signature to the Dev API is possible.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you , James!

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Sandbox is a blackhole so there is no distinction. Pending for a Card Transaction State means that the charge was accepted but has not been collected from the account holders. So if you just want to make sure that the payment is going through then it has.

The Developer Pay API has no support for taking a signature.

-1 Like -1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community