question

tommyblock avatar image
tommyblock asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Preventing orders or items from being refunded

We are building a product on Clover to allow customers to buy event tickets online. We are taking the payment for the ticket with the Ecommerce Service API, and then populating the order with the item for the ticket they bought. Everything is working fine there - when the order is placed, the order appears in Clover and we issue the ticket.

The problem is that a merchant can go into those orders and refund them at any time. We want to be able to prevent merchants from refunding orders for tickets that have already been used.

Using the Android SDK we can use the clover.intent.action.REFUND intent to listen for when a merchant tries to issue a refund, but it is only triggered for custom tenders. As we are using the Ecommerce Services API to take payments, we don't have a custom tender.

Is there any way we can have an activity triggered for all refunds, so we can prevent refunding tickets that have already been used? Or is there another way to mark an item or order as non refundable?

OrdersRefund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I am not aware of anyway you can mark an order or a line item as non-refundable. Let me see if I can look into this more on my end and get a definitive answer. I also think trying to do something on the device is a dead end. Even if your app listens for when a refund occurs you aren't going to be able to prevent a Clover app from taking a refund action.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community