question

mattmelucci avatar image
mattmelucci asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Does iOS SDK support payment processing or getting a multi-use token?

Title says it all. Looking to write an application for a merchant that uses your POS system. They want a custom app so was hoping this SDK had everything needed to handle payment processing. Tell me its so! Would hate to have to implement all the REST API stuff manually.

The best situation for me would be to have users go through a sign up process where I take all their information including credit card in the mobile app. Then upon submission of the sign up I would call some clover service from the mobile app and send them the credit card info and any user data they want and get a multi-use token back, this way no credit card information ever goes through the companies server. Then I would send the customer data and the multi-use token to the companies server to store the new user and their token. Then all orders coming through the mobile app would just call the company server which would handle the order and calling any payment processing/order info to clover from the server side. The server side would be written in C# .net.

So TL;DR, can the iOS SDK get me a multiuse token from credit card info? If not, do the REST services provide what I described above?

Clover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

The iOS SDK here: https://docs.clover.com/build/using-t... is basically a wrapper around the REST API calls. No, it does not offer that functionality and would never. We are working on an iOS SDK for our semi-integration payments API: https://docs.clover.com/build/semi-in.... It's not released, and unfortunately I do not have an ETA.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community