question

aakashsgoyal avatar image
aakashsgoyal asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How to install test app on Clover Station?

I am developing a Clover Android application and using the emulator to test as of now. I need to test it on a real Clover Station that I have in my client's store. Please guide on how we can install unpublished apps on a real device.

Thanks!

Clover Android SDKClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

You can't. Your app must be approved.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

To expand on this a little... Production Clover devices are locked down for security reasons and as David says the only way to install an app on them is for it to be published and signed by an approved developer, signed by Clover, and downloaded from a Clover server.

You can only load your own apps on Clover devkit devices. Devkit devices never point to production Clover environments; they can only access development environments.

https://docs.clover.com/docs/developer-kit-faqs

0 Likes 0 ·
aakashsgoyal avatar image
aakashsgoyal answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

Thank you for your response. I have one more question. Is there a way to remotely view/control the Clover devkit device. I would need my developers to have access to the machine so they can test the apk builds. Please advise if that is possible, thanks!

1 comment
10 |2000

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

No, you need physical access to the device for development.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community