question

toomanytacos avatar image
toomanytacos asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Problem printing to clover device (web app)

I am using an angular web app utilizing the CloverConnector library to send a print command to the Clover Mini to act as an order printer. No errors seem to be generated, but the device will not print the order.I am already connected to the device via web through the Cloud Pay Display app when the command is sent, and i can process CC between the web app and the device without problem. Any advice would be greatly helpful.

Here is what the function looks like.

setPrint(text: Array<string>, printDeviceId: string, printRequestId: string) {

var printRequest: clover.remotepay.PrintRequest = new clover.remotepay.PrintRequest();
printRequest.setText(text);
printRequest.setPrintDeviceId(printDeviceId);
printRequest.setRequestId(printRequestId);

this.cloverConnector.print(printRequest);
}

Print
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

You haven't given us much to go on. Are you getting an error in the browser? Have you checked the printers app on the device (looking for errors etc.)? Is this happening on a devkit? Can you tail the device logs, you may be able to see if the request is making it to the device. You can also check the websocket tab in your browser's debug to see if you are getting an ack for the print request.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

toomanytacos avatar image toomanytacos commented ·

Sorry for the delayed response,

No no errors in console, or on the printers app. The unit is a devkit. Thanks to your response, i was able to view the system logs for the Clover Mini, and I don't see any logs showing it received the print command. I'm at a loss as to why it's not printing, but it seems to be a code issue, and not an issue of the device.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ toomanytacos commented ·

What version of the SDK are you using? What are you setting printDeviceId to? If you are just trying to use the device printer you don't need to set that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community