question

costaf avatar image
costaf asked sophia answered

What are the certification or verification requirements for a Semi-Integration using RESTful API on windows

Hi Guys,

We are planning to use the RESTful API in our custom POS system our windows machine to communicate to the "Clover Pay Display" app on a clover mini. The Developer Doc says I need to "Publish app on App Market", why do I need to publish an app when I am writing code to the POS system running on windows. Is this step not necessary since I am planning to use the RESTful API on windows.

Also the "Testing & Validation" section says that I need to send in 2x engineering-ready devices & accounts and 1x production-ready device & account. But I do not have any devices, our custom POS is a .NET application using .aspx files and VB with javascript. We do have a test environment URL you could access and a production URL would that be sufficient.

What is the certification process for the RESTful API implementation, roughly how long does it usually take and how much does it cost.

Your help is very very much appreciated,

Constantin,

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sophia avatar image
sophia answered

Hi Constantin,

I think I already provided some answers privately through email, but just copying and pasting here for anybody else that has the same question:

We ask that you publish an app so that 1) We can plug into the existing process for reviewing and approving apps 2) In the future, you'll have the option of making your solution visible to other merchants 3) We can tag your solution as semi-integrated based on application for customer support purposes. 

You may not need to put any functionality into the app and choose to publish an "empty" app with no apks, but we still ask that you do so. There are changes coming that will allow you to select your app type as "semi-integrated." 

Regarding the request for a copy of your environment and device, the reason is so that if a problem occurs with the connection and you are unable to troubleshoot alone, we have the ability to step in and assist. There is always the possibility that something about the connection between your POS and Clover is off, and that the only way to a solution is joint-troubleshooting. We'd like to be set up for success in that scenario.

Best, Sophia

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community