question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked Alan commented

Viewing an order without an employee

When I view an order I created via the API that doesn't have an employee assigned. It seems to assign the first employee to view it in the orders app on the clover mini.

EG:

1. Create order without an employee via API
  2. View the order in the order's list, visibly there is no employee listed
  3. Open the order, now the current user is listed as the employee for the order
  4. Go back to the order list, the employee is now also listed there

I don't think it affects our app's flow too much, aside from maybe causing confusion if a merchant wanted to filter/report by employee. We're using custom order types and tenders though, so I think we have workarounds. Should we be creating some kind of dummy employee to list our orders under?

Thanks

OrdersEmployees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

lilly avatar image
lilly Deactivated answered Alan commented

Hi @Alan -- orders will automatically update accordingly when viewed on a device, so the behavior you are seeing is expected. You can definitely create a dummy employee and assign that employee to your orders by default if you feel that will improve your merchant experience.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

Thanks @Lilly, I might do that then

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community